CSI Private Eye
CSI Private Eye is an interactive online adventure series full of reading and writing activities and opportunities. Students will love solving real-life mysteries from around the world – boosting literacy has never been so fun and easy.
Come for the adventures, stay for the writing lessons – they’ve been described by teachers as “hidden gold”. Each adventure in the series is complemented by three writing lessons, including full lesson plans and writing templates. Each lesson tackles a specific writing genre, and guides students through "mini-lessons" in revision and editing.
Leveled for students in Grade 3–5, CSI Private Eye is also popular with Grades 6–8 due to its high-engagement factor.
Using CSI Private Eye, students will–
- Boost their reading comprehension, writing, and vocabulary skills
- Develop world knowledge and investigate global mysteries
- Answer multiple-choice and open-ended questions and give opinions
- Practice writing across multiple genres, including lesson plans and writing templates
- Experience a variety of text types across content areas
- Learn sequencing through drag-and-drop and CLOZE activities
Teaching purpose: Individual
Grade level: 3–5
Subject: Language arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, Writing