Enhance Literacy Modeled Reading Kit
Want to make sure no student falls through the cracks? Enhance Literacy is a targeted intervention programme that will help you bring students who have fallen well behind up to speed in a short space of time.
In the Modeled Reading kit, teachers model reading strategies that good readers use for comprehension. Students are supported to learn close reading and text deconstruction using 60 high-interest, short, fiction and informational texts. Ituses a simple three-step process:
- Read: Teachers read a text with students, modelling reading strategies
- Respond: Students complete an activity
- Reflect: Teachers and students reflect on lesson challenges, and plan next steps
Head to the Enhance Literacy website for anchor charts, pacing charts, assessment guides and curriculum alignments.
Enhance Literacy supports teachers to develop comprehension and fluency in students who need to be brought up to their year level.
The Modeled Reading kit includes:
- Modeled Reading Texts for Teachers book and/or access to online interactive texts for projection/display x1
- Modeled Reading Lessons for Teachers book x1
- Modeled Reading Texts and Writing Activities for Students book x8
Enhance Literacy is designed so students have ownership over their learning, and are able to interact directly with the texts. Each student will receive a hardcopy Modeled Reading Texts and Writing Activities book to write in. Additional books can be purchased separately.
Teaching purpose: Small group/intervention
Fiction/nonfiction: Fiction and nonfiction
Year level: –
Subject: Language arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, English Language Learning, Writing
Format: Paperback and online